Monday, November 8, 2010

When Ryan gets back to Virginia...

So, my friend Khara (Baby Momma Chronicles) and I used to play a game when we were in the military.  When we were far from home, in the depths of despair, with no hope in sight, we would play "When I get back to Fort Hood..." Granted, Fort Hood isn't that lovely a place to most people, but wait until you're sitting out in the middle of the Mojave Desert or the Louisiana Swamps for a month, or even worse, Iraq for a year.  Fort Hood becomes the Mecca (no pun intended) for all that is good and fun and relaxing.  Well, my current Mecca is wherever Ryan is.  It's only 2 more days till he's here, and I've reverted to "When Ryan gets back to Virginia..."  Yup, it must be getting bleak.  Yup, I think it is.

When Ryan gets back to Virgina:

I won't deal with Romeo for at least 3 weeks.
I won't pick up linoleum poop, chewed up shoes or random trash that Romeo collects in the middle of our yard.
I won't talk to a landlord who tells me Romeo is a Menace to Society.  Actually, I won't talk to a landlord at all.  Ever.
I won't get my oil changed.  Yes, I'm sexist.  That is his job.
I won't drive a big Dodge -louder than hell- truck to work.
I won't get hissed at by Hispanics in the grocery store.
I won't eat wings alone.
I won't come home to a cold house.
I won't go to sleep in a cold bed.
I will actually eat meals, because I'm cooking them for Ryan, rather than eat potato chips and pickles for every meal.
I won't eat lunch alone, at my desk, in the basement anymore.
I will laugh more.
I will love life more.
I will go to church more.
I will watch football more. (I think that was in our vows)
Ryan will watch American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance and anything that doesn't enrich your life at all. (That was in our vows too)
I'll have my best friend back.
I'll have my best puppy back...i miss you Banjo.  Screw you Romeo.
I'll be even more excited to go to NC on the weekends, because then I'll have everyone I love in one place.
Khara and I can have a babysitter so we can have a night out without the sweet baby girl :)
I'll get to hold hands with my honey while watching TV.

I'm sure there's more, I'll edit them as they come to mind.  I just needed to vent a little tonight.  So close to the end gets even harder for some reason.  Khara, thanks for giving us this game...I'm sure you need to play it too.  When Todd gets back to Virginia... :) 

Ryan, come home soon and come home safely.  Love you 100.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Babe! I feel the same way, im going crazy. Everyday seems to be lagging by. Im so excited to just get on the road and come home to you. Stay tough for me girl. Ill be home in a couple days to take care of you and give you a break. Miss you so much and love you even more

    ReplyDelete
  2. A BASEMENT?! Hopefully Ryan can turn that into a man cave with an impressive bunk bed for when Amanda and I come to visit.

    Seriously though, I've noticed the mature content of this blog and I'll act accordingly.

    No doubt in my mind Ryan with help the Hispanic cat calls, old angsty landlords, and your pickle & chips diet. Your wonderful marriage will take care of the rest.

    Keep with the blog, Mrs. Lindsay. Good reads. Love you guys, take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW! I love it! It's a fantastic game and an even more fantastic list! Ryan, you better hurry up and get here to fulfill it (and to give Kaia a big hug!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, its so sweet and so true!! (I might steal it and put my own stuff in and mail my list to josh)

    The football thing was in our vows too, I had to agree to football, he had to agree to chick flicks! Ha typical me I did not say yes to my side of that!

    ReplyDelete